If you are travelling abroad it is your responsibility to make sure that you have left enough time to receive your travel advice and any vaccinations or medication you may need prior to your travel date.
Ideally, you need to make a 10 minute appointment with a nurse who will discuss what vaccinations you will need and then a further 20 minute appointment will be made for the vaccinations to be administered.
If you have not left enough time to make an appointment with a nurse for the travel advice you will need to attend a travel clinic for advice.
If you are going to be away for more than 30 days you need to contact a travel clinic for your travel advice.
If you are travelling to more than 1 country you need to contact a travel clinic for your travel advice.
There are several private travel clinics in Leeds. The best way to find a travel clinic that suits your needs is to search “travel clinics Leeds”. If you do not have access to the internet there are 4 private travel clinics listed below (no preference).
- CityDoc Leeds - Tel: 0203 553 6302
- Ground Floor, Princes Exchange, 2 Princes Square, LS1 4HY.
- Masta/STA Travel Clinic - Tel: 0330 100 4131
- 88 Vicar Lane (Within STA Travel Store), LS1 7JH.
- SF Screening & Vaccination Service Ltd - Tel: 0113 295 3510
- Woodhouse Medical Practice, Cambridge Road, LS6 2SF.
- Superdrug Travel Clinic - Tel: 0113 234 0411
- The Merrion Centre, 31-35 Merrion Way, LS2 8NG·
We can provide you with a printed copy of the vaccinations that are on your medical record. Please ask a member of reception for this.
We can provide the following vaccinations free of charge if they are needed (as long as we have available appointments).
- Diphtheria, tetanus, polio booster
- Hepatitis B (in certain circumstances)
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Typhoid (if we have it in stock and your travel plans put you at high risk)
All other vaccinations, including antimalarial tablets, are NOT available on the NHS and you need to obtain them from a travel clinic or, in some cases, a chemist.
We do not provide any private prescriptions for travel.
If you are currently prescribed medication we can provide you with a maximum of 3 months’ supply while you are away. Your prescription request takes 2 working days to process.
Below are some areas of travel advice that you may want to know more about before you travel. This information can also be found on the website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
- General travel information and advice about the country you are travelling to
- Food and water safety
- Safer sun exposure
- Bite Avoidance
- Effect of heat/dehydration
- Managing minor ailments while abroad
- DVT prevention on planes
- Advice regarding your children’s travelling needs
- Information about your regular medication
- Access to medical services while abroad
- Sexual health / safer sex